Using Automation Tools To Save Time (And Possibly Your Business)
As business professionals enter full speed ahead into 2020, the new decade likely brings with it big goals. Meeting our stretch goals requires optimization at every level of our professions, and automation may be the secret sauce that ebbs your business (or side hustle) forward over the finish line.
Any professional, unless he or she lives under a rock, has certainly heard the buzz that automation continues to create. Still many have been slow on the uptake in terms of implementing automation tools in key areas of their businesses. However, the slow adoption of automation is not without good reason.
Automation can require cost outlays and create learning curves, in some instances, that are deterrents. And, the timing has to make sense for the business situation as well as the industry. Having said all that, there are some generalities to consider in terms of how automation tools can optimize your operations, improve your analytics and even strengthen your relationship with your customer – resulting in deeper efficiencies and increased profitability for your business. So, let’s dive into all things automated!
5 Areas Of Your Business Where Automation Tools Could Change Everything:
- Order Processing – Today’s automated email systems are extremely robust and customizable. While a large percentage of businesses are still doing things a manual fashion, they could be saving time by sending automated emails to guide customers through the post-sale process. The added benefits that this type of automation offers in addition to saving time offer include:
- Keeping your brand on point with consistent messaging.
- Increased information exchange between your business and the customer.
- Improved visibility into what the customer wants (and doesn’t) through KPIs and metrics.
- Customer Experience – Automated tools that guide the buyer through the order process are one element to the customer experience, but in fact, the CX starts much earlier. From chatbots on your website to data collection at the top of your sales funnel to repeat business sales and referral or review opportunities on the bottom end of the sales funnel, automation can not only save time but find increased revenue streams for your business.
- Accounting – Automation tools abound in the area of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll processing. Tapping into automation technology can help alleviate redundant tasks, protect your business for risks associated with human error and non-compliance as well as create better visibility into areas that are supporting (or not supporting) your business objectives in this area. Your improved, optimized accounting department can grow into a department that provides insight into the financial health of the organization, as well as one that strives to find opportunities for money-saving discounts.
- Human Resources – In today’s tight job market, recruitment and retention are two of the biggest challenges most businesses are facing. Using automation tools to support human resources can help businesses find a competitive edge in this key area of their business. Automation can streamline the cumbersome recruiting and screening process, allowing HR professionals to utilize their time searching for top talent and ensuring optimal hiring decisions are made. In addition, top talent (especially in tech and engineering fields) are seeking out companies that use cutting edge automation tools to support their skills and career goals.
- Sales & Marketing – Automation tools in the areas of sales and marketing are what some might call a “no brainer.” From capturing (and responding to) online leads to automated social media posts and social listening tools, the ability to automate sales and marketing functions are seemingly endless. Automation can also support the sales team, streamlining client demo scheduling to lead nurturing in addition to offering insights into performance and cost-per-lead or cost-per-acquisition metrics that are invaluable to your business’s success.
The case for automation tools in strong. According to a recent study from the research firm McKinsey & Company, lack of automation has far-reaching impacts on businesses, such as:
- 60% of all employees could save 30% of their time with automation.
- The average CEO spends 20% of their time on tasks that could be automated.
- Businesses lose 20% to 30% of their profits through inefficient processes that could be automated.
As we enter into a new decade where technology permeates our lives, it’s the perfect time to look for areas in our businesses that could benefit from the use of automation tools. As your business continues to grow, evolve and reach its goals, Crown Center Executive Suites is here to support your creative workspace needs. Take a tour of our state of the art facility today to learn more about our:
- Workspace Solutions
- Meeting Rooms
- Virtual Offices
- And much more