Forget January, Kick Start Your Resolutions Now
The new year is the perfect time to start on resolutions to improve your life, your business or your overall happiness, right? Maybe the time to start is, well, now! Why wait until after the holidays have passed to implement your plans? The holidays can be such a stressful time, your efforts might actually serve you better during the holidays not after.
Three reasons why starting a new routine is the best pre-New Year’s resolution ever:
- The holidays are stressful. For even the most festive holiday revelers among us, the holiday season can be stressful. Starting your healthy routine (whatever that may be) can help you whether the storm of present-buying, family visits and end of the year crunch time at work.
- It takes a while to create a habit. Google gives a mixed bag of time frames that it takes to make or break a habit. The old rule of thumb once was approximately three weeks, but some psychologists feel that it takes much longer – upwards of 60 days, in fact.
- Work out the kinks during your downtime. Even the best-laid plan might need some tweaking before it actually works best in real life. While you have a few days off over the holiday season, you’ll have time to plan, regroup and even adjust your new routine before the New Year grind kicks into full force.
Need A Few Ideas For Your New Routine? Read on, read on:
- Incorporate mind-body balance into your workday. Famous entrepreneurs from Arianna Huffington to Tim Ferriss to Richard Branson incorporate mind-body balance in the form of meditation and/or yoga into their daily routines to help stay mentally strong and cope with the stress of running a business.
- Take your workspace more seriously. As entrepreneurs, we often roll up our sleeves and get to work without taking a look around. As you look for areas of improvement in your business, you might need to consider an upgrade to your office space or lack thereof. Many options exist that can satisfy your office space needs and your budgets including:
- Short-term spaces
- Shared workspace
- Meeting rooms
- Virtual offices
Your new office surroundings can offer up many benefits such as improved productivity and client relationships as well as (for those home office entrepreneurs) a true separation of work and home life.
- Fold technology into your productivity model. Technology tools abound to help you work smarter, not harder. From project management tools like Asana to collaboration tools like Slack, incorporating today’s latest tech into your business routine can help you streamline your workflow and take things to the next level.
- Schedule time for growth. Have you put off reading the new book from the titan of your industry? Do you want to get certified in an important new skill but never make the time? Has your doctor told you that you need to drop ten pounds to improve your health, but exercise-time is always on the backburner? Schedule it! Like you put your client meetings on your calendar, put your “you-time” on the calendar too. It is just as important, after all!
Whenever you start to work on your New Year’s resolutions, Crown Center Executive Suites in South Florida is here to support you as shred your business goals this year. Conveniently located in Fort Lauderdale, our workspace options range from a one-day solution to a long-term office to run your business from – with many choices in between.